Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Great Wall



Two years ago, I went to the Great Wall at Beijing. My mother went with me as it was one of my dreams when I was young. It was awesome when you saw how great the Great Wall was. I think I will go back and visit again if I have another chance. 

The Great Wall was built between 220-206 BC by the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang. Even though many people think he is a tyrant as he killed lots of people after he won the battle, I think he make many contributions to Chinese history. The Great Wall was one of them at that time as it prevented the resurgence of feudal lords. While the wall we can see was built during the Ming Dynasty, which was the ruling dynasty of China from 1368 to 1644. The Great Wall is about 5,500.3 miles long.

No comments:

Post a Comment